STRETCH YOUR SMILE FOR MORE ENERGY EVERY MORNING
Two minutes is all you need to increase your “smileage” for the day ahead. By smiling more often, you will enjoy better health and increased success. Here is a set of exercises to warm up your smile muscles each morning.
(CAUTION: This regimen involves mild exertion. Be sure to check with your doctor before attempting these exercises)
- Raise your eyebrows as high as you can on your forehead. Try to touch your hairline with each eyebrow. Hold for a count of 10, then release.
- Close both eyes as tightly as you can without hurting yourself. You want to get your cheeks involved with this. Hold for a count of 10, then release.
- Try to touch your earlobes with the corners of your mouth. This should result in the broadest grin you can muster. Hold for a count of 10, then release.
- Now, try to touch the corners of your mouth underneath your chin, producing a huge frown. Hold for 10, then release.
- Gently bring your chin down to touch your chest, then look up at the ceiling, then slowly bring your chin back down to your chest. Look gently up and down in this fashion for 10 repetitions.
- Carefully touch your right ear to your right shoulder, then your left ear to your left shoulder, and gently stretch your neck from side to side 10 times. Try to bring your ears down to your shoulders, rather than raising your shoulders to meet your ears.
- Roll your shoulders in vertical circles, stretching your chest and the muscles between your shoulder blades, for a count of 10. This should feel like a mini-massage.
- Raise both arms straight up. Try to touch the ceiling from where you sit. Allow this to gently stretch your midsection.
- Keeping both arms raised, gently lean to the left and stretch your right side, then lean gently to the right and stretch your left side. Go slowly back and forth, from side to side about 6 times, with your arms still in the air.
- Bring your arms down, place both hands in your lap, and treat yourself to a moment of quiet relaxation.